Monday, January 16, 2017

Off to see the wizard... uh, mechanic.....

We were up early to get the 5 ton to it's doctor appointment.  It has needed it's axle boots replaced for a while.  It's this big HUGE truck and the boots look like zippered pockets.  I can't see how they'd do anything for the truck while looking basically like flat purses.  Still, we were up and ready in no time.  

Steve backed the truck out and came running back inside to get me to see 12 Canadian geese flying over the homestead which I missed in the excitement. Never have seen them here.  Maybe next time?


Back inside and it was time to get the girls fed.  I threw in a bunch of stuff I'd hoped they'd like.  They were stuck inside yesterday because of bad weather, so decided to let them out while we were gone.  Propped open doors for them and we were off...

Heading out the back gate to avoid a ton of muddy roads...

... hitting the highway at, oh... 10 MPH...

...dropping her off with a quick tutorial for the mechanic...

.. his backing was scary... he stopped just before hitting my mirror...

It was an interesting trip.  I was the follow car and wondered why Steve kept it at 48 MPG in a 55 MPH area and still kept it at 51 MPH in a 65 MPH area, when I KNOW it reaches 60 MPH.  The lines behind us... sheesh.  He said his speedometer showed 60 MPH at it's highest.  Guess that gets looked at next.

On the way back in my car we picked up a straw bale and chicken feed.  Good thing the stuff was covered as we had every sort of weather on the trip... sun, rain, hail and snow.  When we arrived home the chickens were dry and all was well with the place.

Feeling like this was a very productive day.  

Steve, however, is missing his 'baby"...



No comments:

Post a Comment