Monday, January 30, 2017

Steve's baby is coming home....


We ran to the valley for an overnight on Thursday/Friday for doctor's appoint-ments.  I was expecting a warm time.  They were having a cold time.  I guess there are times when I'd appreciate warm/even hot weather, but it wasn't to be one of those times.  Found out I'll be needing more back X-rays so there'll be another trip sometime soon.  Now, if I can just arrange the weather for my next trip.

We still have tons of snow on the property even though there hasn't been any new stuff for days.  Without the clouds overhead it's been very cold and that has kept most of it from melting.


These are pics of Saturday evening after checking on the chickens.  Ziva runs and runs while smelling for rabbits and squirrels.  Steve's in his Mickey boots. They are the funniest boots and yes, they do look like Mickey Mouse's feet. 


It's hard to get her to stop and come in...


This was me trying to take the morning seeds to the girls.  I have a huge pile of hard snow to climb over to get into the run.  Doesn't look like much here but it's DEADLY to climb over.  Done too many splits that I hadn't planned on.



The girls are still not allowed out.  They didn't like the snow when it arrived (above) and in this picture all, but one, wouldn't even go to the food bowl. They stood on the pile of snow and wouldn't move.  I had to carry each of them back to the run.  Because of this aversion to snow, they'll stay inside until the snow, and coming mud, is not as bad.



There's less snow in the garden since I go out twice a day.  I've worn a lot of the snow down by trudging through it.  The winds have been very high and the snow has blown into hard waves.  It could be waves on the ocean if you didn't know better.

The 5 ton is supposedly fixed and ready to pick up.  The mechanic called today and said he was taking it out for it's final run/check and inspection.  He just needed help getting it started.  Steve gave him the rundown on cold weather starting so it looks like we'll be heading that way soon...

... yippee....



No comments:

Post a Comment