Thursday, January 12, 2017

Who do you think you are?...

It's a TV program, a saying most parents have said to their kids and now, an ad for DNA testing.  I watch the show, I've said it to my boys and now I've used the ad to buy two kits*.  They were our Christmas presents from each of us, to the other.  Anyway, we thought it interesting info to get and reveal, and since I've done a lot of the genealogy research for our families, it just seemed the next logical step.  

I know I'm from German, Irish and Swedish descent. Steve's German, Swedish and Norwegian.  But, doing research, I also may have Cherokee and Greek. He may have Indian.  Time to find out!



It was rather easy.  The hardest part was getting enough spit into the vials.  I did very well there, but Steve kept producing bubbles instead.  I wonder what that says about each of us?  Still, it's spit, seal and mail.  

The harder part may be waiting for 6-8 weeks.  I've never had much patience. Tick-tock-tick-tock...



Since we're having a few good days before more rain comes, I thought it time to get my new Christmas gift out for the birds to appreciate.  My nephew gave me this beautiful birdbath.  I hope it'll be easy to keep clean.



It's replacing the old metal one I received from my sister.  Her's was a great bath but the elements up here were too powerful.  Five years of water, snow, rain and gunk have rusted it badly.  Steve's going to sand and Rustoleum* it into better shape and it'll be used for seed in the garden for the hens.  It might wear them out a little flying up and down?

Next...

... what to do for 6-8 weeks that can distract a Type A (got-to-get-it-done-YESTERDAY-person) while she has NO control of others taking their SWEET time?...


*“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”

No comments:

Post a Comment