Thursday, February 16, 2017

Déjà vu... all over again...

I know I told you that Steve's baby was coming home on the January 30th post. Turns out that didn't happen that day.  When we arrived at the shop on Tuesday the mechanics hadn't been able to get it started so they could take it out and see how it did on the shake-down drive.


I took this picture of him trying to find out what was keeping the truck from starting.  He checked their cold weather starting list and changed something. By that time, the batteries were dead so we left while the shop charged them both.

We headed back on Thursday as it had been driven and was OK'd to leave.

... leaving the shop...

... arriving home...

If Steve'd had his way he would've slept with it that night.  As it was he cleaned it up and probably tucked it in.

I bring all this up as today, it went back to the shop.  It looks like a wheel seal is leaking and it'll be looked at tomorrow.  This truck is turning out to be as much of a child as our children were.  Trips to the doctor, leaks and tucking it in at night.  I guess it never really ends...



My chore for Spring will be planting, so I've spent some time harvesting more of our squash seeds.  Above is a picture of a butternut and acorn seed spree. I needed to seed before cooking as I'll need them to sprout and cooking ruins that.


Tonight we'll be having the butternut for dinner, so it's microwaved...



This was the seeds from one of my little pumpkins.  Seemed a tiny little one but WOW!  So many seeds.  I've gotten more of my plastic sprouters washed, so after the seeds dry another day, they'll get planted.  I'd ordered some more heat mats that recently came, so the planting table can expand.

Now it's time to relax some and thaw the dinner meat.  Pulled some salisbury steaks out of the freezer, squash is done, so I'm about ready...

... Mmmmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment