Monday, February 13, 2017

Pre-Valentine's Day doins'....

Yes, tomorrow is the BIG day and Steve comes to me and asks what I'd like. He does it every year and every year I say "nothing."  I think it's just a big deal that he helps out around the garden and coop.  I can't lift all the things needing lifting, so that's my gift.  We will probably be heading out for appetizers tonight so that'll also be my gift.  Tonight'll be a better night than tomorrow anyway as it'll get crowded wherever we'd go.


We got around to working on a minor project in the garden.  We've been saving bottles for months now.  It hard to get a lot when it's just us two, but we saved enough to try and save the cinders around the shed.  The chickens keep digging them away from the French drain area and it's making a mess.   Cleaning all the cinders from the compost isn't fun either.

We retrieved Steve's tub full of cleaned bottles and started to decorate...



I handed him the bottles and they were buried upside-down as edging.  Not enough for the whole perimeter of the shed, but at least there's a line between the cinders and compost. 



We tried to mix colors and sizes and even though it's not all that straight, it'll do Pig, it'll do (sorry, just saw "Babe" again).



So, here's the line in the proverbial sand that they'd better not cross.  Now, we need to get some more wine and get a stash for the rest of the wall.



Working on getting the seed starting station ready for heavy-duty growing. All my containers are washed and I'm setting up the dirt station.



Starting the seeds that were the hardest to get going last year.  The problem here is that I'm also using last year's seed which was kept in the refrigerator over the winter.  I hope they are viable.


Everything has been moved to the living room and the paraphernalia has been set up.  Broccoli, pumpkins, acorn and marigolds are planted.  So, now... we wait...



... while planting I also started a little dessert for the holiday.  One of my favorites and so easy.  Just the perfect something after appetizer night...

.... Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.  Hope it's a great one...


No comments:

Post a Comment