Monday, April 17, 2017

Good fences make good... chickens?... NAH!...

Things need to be started on the garden beds so it's made getting them "chicken proofed" that much more vital.  Plans were made and construction started...

... and... we're off with the new fence... making it level...

... support poles in...

... and we thought we were done...

I say "we thought we were done" because the chickens immediately felt the need to prove we didn't know much.  After the fence was "done" we went in to eat a simple dinner. (see story, below next story, for results)...



I'm featuring this dinner recipe take on Swedish meatballs.  I'd found 3 recipes on Pinterest* because I've always loved Swedish meatballs, but hated the amount of work it took to make them. I wanted a Crock Pot* recipe that took no more work than dumping stuff inside it.  This one was just what I'd ordered. 



Homestyle meatballs from the freezer section of the local grocery store. Cream of Mushroom soup, beef broth, A1 sauce, a packet of Lipton's* onion soup mix and sour cream (which went in after cooking all day).



Added some noodles and green beans and it was just what I was hoping for after slaving away in the garden all day. I think I have a winner and Steve also seconded that.

Now, AFTER that lovely dinner, I went to check on all that we'd done and... well, you guessed it.   THREE chickens were stuck INSIDE the new fence and panicking.  They'd walked up the berm at the back of the garden and just stepped over the new fence. Or jumped, I'm still not sure.  After setting them free (and getting no thank-yous) I've stuck some of my metal chicken decor on the berm to keep them away.  We'll add some more fencing later, 'cause just now... 

... well, I think we're ALL exhausted.....



*“I have not received, nor expect to receive, any compensation for items mentioned in the blog that I like, or may suggest to the viewers.  The items are just something that works/worked for me.  The Irish Lady.”


No comments:

Post a Comment