Thursday, July 13, 2017

♫ My Blue Heaven ♫...

Well, the prize for being a good berry picker will not be awarded to me this year as I have blown it as a budding blueberry goddess.  


This is my haul for the season.  I did have a few more on the bushes but these were the only ones to be edible.  It seems that covering the bushes was not a good idea for harvest but a good idea for pests.  I still have leaves on the bushes, which is an improvement from last year.  

I missed the harvest because I didn't see the berries and the heat from the garden cloth seems to have cooked/shriveled them.  These few berries came from the bed covered by the tulle.  The moral?  Cover the bushes with tulle next year and CHECK them around July 5th.

                   ****************************************

The grand kids have been driven back to the valley now, but before going home they took a trip to Black Canyon Lake with Steve.  We're in monsoon cloudiness now, but it was still a good day to goof around in the water.  This is where the Gentry fire burned just days ago and the lake only opened the day they went.  


... the lake was fuller than last year's trip...

... but they did brave the cold water...

... and did some fishing with found line...

... until the storms returned and everybody ran for the car...


Before they left for the lake I had them make sun catchers for my garden. Plastic beads were poured into foil cake tins.  A couple kids tried to make patterns but only one was able to get an initial to stay in place.  I stayed home and baked them while the kids played in the lake.  Just before they left for home I got this pic of them with their artwork.
  
Now, to hang them (the sun catchers, not the kids)... LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment