Monday, July 10, 2017

Survived another summer visit...

Well, we've survived another vacation visit from the grandkids and they'll be gone before the next blog post is ready.  Every year I forget how much energy they have and how much they can drain from the Grandparents.

We've all watched more movies than I think Steve and I have seen in YEARS and I've run from more lizards and creepy-crawlies they've brought inside than captured by my own boys during their youth.  It's been an adventure.


... many wagon rides for stuffed doggies given...

... the zipline was still the draw it's always been...

... feeding fish at the Tonto Creek fish hatchery...

... adding to the fish food allotment by finding
spilled food from other visitors...

We've sat through some amazing thunderstorms during this visit.  Last night it went on for hours and everyone actually got cold.  Haven't needed to water the garden for a couple days.

Yes, it'll be a little lonely here when they leave.  The girls are already getting ready for school to start in a week or so.  That seems early to me but I've been out of the school-schedule game for many years.  Hope this year is a good one for all of them.



Back to the garden... I've been pulling out heads of broccoli and I'm preparing and freezing them for later.  Four HUGE heads (11-12 inches each) have made several packets for some tasty alfredo pastas.



     The pumpkin plants are starting to try to escape from their trough...  




Two pics I was able to get after braving the pricks from their leaves.  Many little guys growing in under the leaves.  Mostly round ones but there is the zucchini-like little guy.  Wonder what it'll turn out to be.

I've got more spinach coming in than anyone will EVER need so going to have to offer more salads for awhile.  Yes, I can always offer more to the hens...

... but stronger devil chickens I can do without...



No comments:

Post a Comment